Sunday 10 July 2011

PLAYING CATCH-UP

I started this blog a long time ago, and did not get any further than the first page, mainly because in many ways I am not that technically minded, and had not found all the editing functions of the blog!!!  Now I will need to play catch-up and post piccies of some of the cards that are sitting in my *hand-made to die for* pile waiting for some poor unsuspecting person to receive such a wonderful creation through their letterbox!!

Ever since childhood I can remember loving the feel of paper and pencils, despite not being able to draw even a stick person, and flunking spectacularly at art through school.  The now eclectic mess of paper, pens, paints, glitter, chipboard, glue, clay, paper-mache objects and a LOT of other stuff demonstrates the different routes that I have been down in trying to discover a particular style.  7 years ago I *found* scrapbooking, in the run-up to my wedding.  My poor unsuspecting hubby-to-be found himself coming home to a sea of half-cut bits of paper, glue sticks, photos and peel-offs. I swore that I would never be able to do anything except for 12x12's but how the mighty have fallen!  Now, 4 full scrapbooks later, I have evolved and *found myself*!!  I havent done a scrapbook page for 18 months and have now settled in to various forms of altered art and cardmaking.  At least these get to be displayed or posted .... and I am doing my bit in keeping Royal Mail in business.

Now to attempt to scan in the various creations that are sitting around in those little cello-bags and to prove that I do actually do something other than drink coffee and eat chocolate whilst creating an indignified, glittery mess.

Mandi x

No comments:

Post a Comment