Saturday 6 August 2011

GONE DIGI!

The other day I happened to read a Facebook post by one of the ladies from UK Scrappers, who gave a link to a lovely digital scrap website (digiridoo).  I hardly ever do digi nowadays but just fell in love with the clusters that she (Bernie!) had used on her page.  I got the kit, downloaded it, and in the 10 minutes I had before leaving for a hospital appointment, I came up with this which I really like and is now being used as my wallpaper (PC NOT Lounge!!!).  The picture was of eldest daughter going to a wedding.  I don't often manage to get photos of her but managed to persuade her outside to stand next to the sunflowers that she has been growing


The first sunflower is now out and it is fascinating to watch it turn to face the light.  We haven't grown sunflowers before (actually we haven't grown much before the last couple of years when we decided to get our *outside house in order* lol.).  Sunflowers do have a special meaning to Sarai as after the young lad that she had been caring for at school (she had been his Special Needs Assistant for 8 years) died from Muscular Dystrophy, his Mum and Dad kept being given things with sunflowers on, and sunflowers were put on his grave (I am fairly sure that is accurate ... if it isn't then I will change the post).  Ben's Mum gave a little packet of sunflower seeds to a number of people and they are currently having a *sunflower competition*!!!  


Tomorrow is *D Day* for the scrapbook being handed over.  It is now held together with ribbon as it is too fat to stay together!!!!!!!!  I think I may play around with a bit more digi  as it makes less mess and we are going to have *no fixed abode* for the next few days as we have various hospital appointments etc., so in the words of my favourite comedienne, *bear with, bear with* !!!!!
Mandi xx


1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous LO and beautiful photo. You should get your DDs to pose more often as they are so photogenic and make for stunning LOs.

    Love the idea of the sunflower competition. Oh and I love those words too. Always laugh when I hear it on 'Miranda' on BBC1 xx

    ReplyDelete