Thursday 4 August 2011

FINALLY!

Well I have FINALLY finished THE scrapbook (all 56 pages)that I was asked to do for a fella leaving church on Sunday.  I can honestly say that I have NOT enjoyed doing it (wrong attitude??!) and I am not quite sure what he - or anyone else - will make of it but it is done now!  The problem is that I am all *created* out and havent really got too much inspiration for doing anything else.  Maybe I just need a rest! 

I dont know if anyone else goes through the *why bother* thing with creating.  I have a box full of the cards I have made, and in all honesty very few get sent, although I was really pleased with my sunflower card for eldest daughter as I know that sunflowers are really meaningful to her.  I have   scrapbooks full of pages that I did a while ago and are now sitting on a shelf gathering dust, but are scrapbooks *self-indulgent* (?) as they dont really benefit anyone else ...... so I am having a *why bother* day and can fully empathise with Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore!!!

I have a load of little sewing kits with pincushions that I made sitting in another box, (recycled GU jars lol lol) IKEA flower buckets waiting to be altered, chipboard things coming out of my ears and so on ..... but no inspiration and wondering why on earth I got them in the first place!  I had grandiose ideas of *stockpiling* handmade goods and then getting a table at a local monthly craft fair to sell them but for now the *oomph* has lost it's mojo!  If found, please return to owner ... thankyou!!!

*THE Scrapbook!*


1 comment:

  1. wowzers, that is some album. Well done on completing it.

    Love your blog and cards. Amazing work my lovely friend xxx

    ReplyDelete